Carson McDowell is Northern Ireland’s largest independent law firm. We are modern, dynamic and progressive with our people and clients firmly at the centre of everything we do. Our Employment Law team is a leader in its field, and we are looking for an employment law specialist to join us. We represent exclusively employer clients who span the private, public and voluntary sectors. The successful candidate will match our team’s values of building long-term relationships with our clients based on trust in the quality and speed of our legal advice and our ability to provide strategic solutions which balance legal and commercial issues.
- 4-6 years PQE employment law specialist
- Strong contentious and non-contentious employment law experience advising employers (including experience of providing employment support on corporate matters)
- Ability to demonstrate experience of advising in key areas including TUPE, redundancy, grievance, discipline and discrimination claims and industrial relations/trade unions
- Experience of employment policy and procedure (both review and redrafting)
- Ability to juggle a busy caseload of contentious matters for high-profile clients
- The ability to work as part of a team demonstrating effective collaborative working
- Demonstrates strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Dual qualification and practice experience (Northern Ireland plus Republic of Ireland).
- Experience of advising employer clients on immigration law issues.
Applicants should apply by emailing a covering letter and CV to: Marie McKeown, Human Resources Manager.