Rachel Craig - Solicitor
Rachel is a solicitor in the corporate team at Carson McDowell. Rachel graduated from Newcastle University with a degree in Law (LLB honours) in 2009 before completing a masters in Advanced Legal Practice and attaining a distinction in her Legal Practice Course from Northumbria University in 2011. Rachel trained as a solicitor with Herbert Smith Freehills, working in both Belfast and London and qualifying in March 2014. Rachel is qualified to practise in England and Wales, and in Northern Ireland. She joined Carson McDowell in September 2015.
Rachel is involved in assisting on a variety of corporate transactions including the acquisition and disposal of companies and joint venture and shareholder arrangements. Rachel also provides advice and assistance to companies on a range of governance and compliance issues.
Rachel’s experience includes the following:
- Led the legal due diligence and disclosure processes and assisted in providing advice to the shareholders of Lagan Group (Holdings) Limited on the sale of the group to Breedon Holdings (Jersey) Limited, part of Breedon Group Plc, a transaction worth in excess of £400 million
- Advised Saint-Gobain Building Distribution Limited in its acquisition of V P Jebb Ltd., a plumbers’ merchant business, as part of its Bassetts network
- Assisted in advising SHS Group Limited on the legal aspects of its acquisitions of Nuva Water, Standard Brands and 3V Natural Foods
- Assisted in advising River Ridge Recycling in the disposal of its confidential waste shredding business to Irish company, Agnail Limited
- Provided advice to Saint-Gobain Building Distribution on its acquisitions of Clady Plumbing Supplies and H. & T. Bellas, including co-ordinating the legal due diligence processes
- Assisted with the legal aspects of the sale of Cloghan Point oil terminal to LCC Group by AES
- Led the due diligence and disclosure processes and assisted with the legal aspects of the sale by Hi-Life Group Limited of Hi-Life Diners Club to The Dining Club Group, a company backed by Bridgepoint Development Capital
- Drafting key and ancillary corporate documents to assist companies comply with their legal obligations
- Drafting and negotiating shareholders’ agreements and articles of association
Rachel is a member of the firm’s information law team, which seeks to provide practical advice and training for clients in relation to GDPR.