What lies behind our success?
We are fully aware that the most critical element in the firm’s success story is the quality of its people. Carson McDowell has a proven commitment to attract the brightest and best talent. We also recognise, however, that it is even more important to develop, nurture and retain that talent for the long run. As such, the firm has developed a structured training programme designed to ensure that trainees:
- understand better the role and responsibilities of a solicitor in a leading legal firm;
- gain experience across a wide range of legal specialisms;
- interact with lawyers at all levels (from newly-qualified solicitors to the managing partner) to gain valuable insights into the practice of law from a variety of different perspectives;
- discover where their future career interests lie through hands-on experience in the relevant legal areas; and
- develop and then hone the skills that they will need for their future career.
Our trainees are provided with tremendous opportunities to work with the best legal minds on exciting and high-profile matters and transactions. The dedicated training programme that we offer is designed to ensure that trainees have all of the support, training and feedback needed to make the most of those opportunities.
We understand that this is one of the most important decisions that you will make in your career and you want to make the best choice that you can. We firmly believe that joining Carson McDowell is the right decision for bright and ambitious candidates who want to work with the best people.
Our recruitment process for 2019 training contracts is now closed.