Rachel Lewis - Associate
Key Practice Areas
- +44 (0) 77 7500 2323
Rachel graduated from Queen’s University, Belfast in 2014 with a first class honours degree in Law with French (LLB). As part of her degree, she spent a year studying at the Université Toulouse 1 Capitole in Toulouse, France.
She commenced her professional training in 2014 and completed her studies at the Institute of Professional Legal Studies in 2016, where she was awarded the Thomasena McKinney and Belfast Solicitors’ Association prizes for achieving first place in the Solicitors’ Apprenticeship Course.
After qualifying, Rachel worked in the banking department of a leading Belfast law firm for several years, before joining Carson McDowell’s Banking and Finance team in January 2020.
Rachel advises a wide range of banks, financial institutions and corporate borrowers on all aspects of banking and finance law, including acquisition finance, real estate finance, general corporate lending, project finance and restructuring.
Recent transactions on which Rachel has advised include:
- Advising a syndicate of lenders on the Northern Irish aspects of a forward funded bid for a major UK retail brand.
- Advising in connection with public funding delivered via an investment fund for a proposed tourism project in Northern Ireland.
- Advising on the refinancing of several portfolios of UK onshore wind, hydro and solar assets.
- Advising on the acquisition of a portfolio of residential mortgages and personal loans from UK Asset Resolution.
- Advising various corporate clients and local banks in connection with arrangements for credit facilities and related security packages.
- Providing advice on the financing aspects of corporate reorganisations, mergers and acquisitions and real estate transactions.