Carson McDowell’s information law team is made up of specialist lawyers from across the firm’s practice areas, including healthcare, environmental, commercial and employment law.
These experts regularly advise on all legal aspects of data protection, such as the new General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) framework, freedom of information, environmental information and privacy rights.
The management and governance of information is becoming increasingly important to our clients and the team provides advice and assistance in this complex area of law. As technology continues to advance, the volume and types of information available will also multiply. This growth and reliance on information amplifies the risk of a potential data breach and or failure to comply with a legal requirement for managing that information. We help clients with the broad ranges of issues which can arise, such as:
- Advising on the protection of proprietary information in the context of joint ventures
- Providing advice in relation to commercially sensitive information and information provided in confidence
- Assisting following a data breach
- Assisting with ICO investigations
- Advising on complex subject access requests
- Developing privacy impact assessments for the use of CCTV and other technologies in the workplace
- Appearing in High Court claims for damages under the Data Protection Act
- Developing and delivering bespoke training on key developments in this area
Related Practice Areas
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) provides a right to secure the disclosure of certain information and imposes a duty on public authoritie...
For almost 20 years, the collecting, processing and storing of individuals’ data had been governed in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998. In Ma...